Costa Mesa Family Photographer – Reunion Portrait
This family reunion session in Costa Mesa was gorgeous! We love it when families take the time to coordinate outfits, patterns, and colors. We have photographed this family a few times over the years, and they always do such a great job. This session was done about an hour and a half before sunset so the light was just right. This park is one of our favorite locations in Costa Mesa. You never see anyone here, there is always plenty of parking, and the backgrounds are beautiful- it’s great! If your family is having a reunion, consider Gilmore Studios to be your Costa Mesa family photographer.
Photography tips for Family Reunion portraits
- Have family members email photos of their outfits and then share with your photographer for advice.
- Have family meet up at the portrait location at least 20 minutes early (especially out of town family members).
- Have family members meet up at least 20 minutes early at the photo location.
- When working with small children, get the group shots done first.
- Talk to family about what you are planning to do with finished photography products- sharing costs, digital files, etc.
- Offer a fun reward for good children, a small toy, treat, or surprise after the session is over!
- Make dinner reservations in Newport Beach 30 minutes after your session and celebrate!
About the photographer
Gilmore Studios is a husband and wife team maternity, newborn, children and family photography studio in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area. Brian and Jennifer Gilmore specialize in natural light photography in Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA.
Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your summer 2017 family photography session.