How to get great results from your child’s portrait session
Are you thinking about getting your child’s portrait session? If your kid is nervous or not excited to get his/her portrait session, we have a few tips for you!
- Take them shopping for the perfect outfit. Let them have a say in what they will be wearing. Girls love this!
- Rewards- Let them know there is a treat at the end if they do a great job. Dinner or even ice cream works for most.
- Toy store or GameStop works extremely well for boys.
- Make it a date with mom! Kids love one on one attention and will react differently than if the whole family is there.
- Be ready to be in a few photos with your child. Helps to get them warmed up to the camera- plus you’ll get a cute photo together!
Choosing the best location for your portrait session
The weather is great in Orange County, let’s go outside! Natural light is our number one choice for portraits. It’s best to decide the look and feel of your background before choosing your outfits. Here are a few local locations we suggest to our clients for children’s portrait photography.
- The Back Bay in Newport Beach (rustic, natural, green, dirt trails, and pretty sunsets)
- The Lab in Costa Mesa (urban, fun painted walls and funky architecture)
- Balboa Fun Zone (urban and beach – Great vintage buildings, brick walls and rustic wooden pier)
- Main Street in Huntington Beach (urban and beach – Vintage walls and alleys, endless sand and concrete pier)
8 year old portrait photography in Newport Beach
Our youngest son just turned 8 years old! Where does time go? Cody was so excited to wear his first suit! He has worn it to church every Sunday since. We have done this session for his 2 older brothers and we already have a spot on the staircase for Cody! He is such a sweet kid, and even though it hurts to watch him grow up, we are so proud of him. We love you Cody!
About the artists
Gilmore Studios is a husband and wife team maternity, newborn, children and family photography studio in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area.
Brian and Jennifer Gilmore specialize in studio & natural light photography in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA.
Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your summer and fall 2017 photography sessions. Session pricing starts at $195