Orange County Family Reunion Photographer – At the park
This family was in Newport Beach for their Orange County family reunion and wanted to get a rare photo of the entire group! The main focus for them was the entire extended family and the grand kids/grandparents portrait. While we waited for everyone to arrive, we took photos of each individual family and whatever combos they requested (siblings, cousins, etc.)
Tips For Having a Successful Orange County Family Reunion Portrait Session
- Choose your color palette and share with family members. You can use this free color palette generator.
- Name a family captain. Have family members send photos of their outfits to make sure everything looks great before your session. There is always one oddball!
- Bring treats for the little ones for rewards (no chocolate please!)
- Have family members arrive 20 minutes early at the meeting place
- Be sure to have the women in the photo coordinate their hair and makeup appointments.
- Discuss what everyone wants to do with the photos. Many families decide to purchase all of the digital files to save money or pitch in to buy the grandparents a nice wall canvas.
- Plan something fun to do after the session is over. Grab dinner or a treat! This helps the younger children stay focused on a reward.
About the photographer
Gilmore Studios is a photography studio specializing in maternity, newborn, children and family in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area. Our photographers specialize in natural light photography in Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA. Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your summer & fall 2017 family photography sessions at the beach. Photographing southern California weddings and families since 2003.