Senior Portrait Photography Session – Crystal Cove State Park
We caught up with Mae and her family while they were vacationing in Newport Beach. Mae is a senior in high school and wanted to get her senior portrait taken at the historic cottages in Crystal Cove! We met at the parking area across the street where the shuttle stops. We walked down the pathway and through the tunnel to the cottages. There are great spots for photos everywhere- but keep in mind, they do require a photo permit. Be sure to go online and apply for a permit if you want to shoot here.
Senior Portrait Photography Tips
- Bring multiple outfits – Make sure they are ironed and ready to go.
- Variety is key- we can help you choose your outfits if you are struggling. We love layers!
- Dresses and skirts photograph well but be sure to bring your favorite jeans, too.
- Wear heels! Whether pumps or boots, dressy or casual, heels make you stand out and look great.
- If you are self-conscious about your arms, avoid sleeveless or tank tops.
- Bring a brush and mirror for quick hair touch-ups. Ask a best friend to come along and help!
- Bring props that help show who you are. What do you love? Let’s incorporate these things into your session.
- Makeup should only be slightly heavier than normal but don’t go crazy with your mascara!
- Create a Pinterest board and share some of your favorite looks with us.
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHERS
Gilmore Studios is a team of maternity, newborn, children and family photographers in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area. Brian and Jennifer Gilmore specialize in studio & natural light photography in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA. Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your 2018 high school senior portrait photography session.