Baby’s first home! Nursery maternity photography session
Lifestyle sessions are all the rage right now. This style used to be called “photojournalism” back in the day, but lifestyle sessions sound much better to me! This couple wanted to include their brand new home for their very first maternity session. The nursery was designed exactly how mom wanted it, so why not make it part of the documentation of this milestone? Lifestyle maternity sessions are commonly done in a rustic field or at the beach. The great thing about having the session at home is this, won’t it be fun to look back on your first home together when you are old and grey, and the kids are in college? The answer is YES! Not only will it show your child what things were like when they were born, but it will help you remember all of the love and careful planning that went into the arrival of your baby!
6 Lifestyle Maternity Photographer tips for a great session:
- Have at least 2 outfits for your session- one covering your tummy, and one exposed.
- Make your your partner’s outfit compliments yours.
- Have your stylist come to your home for hair and makeup (makes your day much less stressful)
- Make sure any and all clutter is out of site, nothing worse than a stack of mail in your shot!
- Include a few items for your baby (for example: first shoes, favorite book, blanket, or the baby’s first outfit is always great)
- Search Pinterest for inspiration and share your board with us before the session.
About the photographer
Gilmore Studios is a husband and wife team maternity, newborn, children and family photography studio in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area. Brian and Jennifer Gilmore specialize in studio & natural light photography in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA. Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your summer and fall 2017 maternity photography sessions.