First Birthday Cake Smash Photography
Sometimes less is more for a first birthday cake smash photography session! Ava’s parents wanted a simple theme with some touches of color in the background. The studio is stocked with almost every color combination imaginable for first birthday cake smash photography. French’s Cupcake Bakery provides cakes for all of or 1st birthday sessions. We can always count on them to come up with something cute and messy!
5 tips for a successful First Birthday Cake Smash Photography Session
- Come up with a cute set theme or color scheme – Our Pinterest board is full of ideas!
- Have a trial run at home before your session date. (Some babies aren’t sure about messy fingers)
- Bring at least three different outfits for the shoot. This is a fun (but messy) session!
- Does your one year old have a favorite song? Sometimes distractions are a great motivator!
- Don’t stress if your baby isn’t loving the cake. Get in the photo and have some fun with them!
About our studio
Gilmore Studios is a husband and wife team maternity, newborn, children and family photography studio in Orange County, CA. Contact us for more info about booking your studio or on location session in the Southern California area. Brian and Jennifer Gilmore specialize in studio & natural light photography in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, and surrounding areas in OC and Los Angeles, CA. Call 949-698-3968 or email us to book your summer and fall 2017 photography sessions. Cake smash sessions are $250 and by reservation only.
Cake Smash Slideshow